Monday, June 01, 2009

Marley & Me

The movie made me want to get a dog. Until H pointed out that I am petrified of dogs; then the movie made me want to like dogs. Even the difficult ones.

But even as someone who is not so much into dogs, I quite liked this movie, mainly because I saw it at this juncture in my life. There are many movies made about great people & their spectacular lives. This one is about ordinary people & their ordinary lives. There are no dramatic twists & turns in their lives; just simple ordinariness & the pleasures of that ordinariness. I felt connected to Jennifer Aniston's character in the movie -- the career-family dilemna; the feeling of being overwhelmed & gratified at the same time; adjusting to & enjoying the joys of mundane everyday family life. I just saw a lot of myself in her.

2 comments:

Fighter Jet said...

Is that a movie?!
Looks like will have to watch it!

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

I have read the book and loved it immensely......and I love, love, love dogs.....good ones, bad ones, big ones, small ones....all sorta!!! :)

I would like to wtach the movie.....the author 's place is not very far from where I live now....... :DD