Sunday, November 01, 2009

Pulau Ubin

This weekend we went to Pulau Ubin, a small island village on the eastern coast of Singapore, with some friends. Its a bum-boat ride away from Singapore. Once there, we had a lazy afternoon lunch & then rented bicycles & cycled across the island. It's a quiet, green, beautiful place; particularly at some points along our route, the view was spectacular. The humidity & heat aside, it was a perfect weekend.

Note to myself: Must do more of this; I used to be an outdoorsy person once upon a time.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

great.. any pics? When I read the title of the post I almost thought it is a different type of 'pulao' - kashmiri pulao et al!

shakester said...

what, I thought the weather was fantastic the way you guys raved about it...

Unknown said...

FYI- east-timor is another tiny place for weekend trip from singapore..

Radha said...

666,
:) Pulau = Island (in Malay)

Shakester,
Really? Who raved abt it? My poor baby had sweat rashes all over his tummy & back :(

Yuva,
Yup, there are just so many tiny islands around Singapore & such few weekends!!

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

so cool ! :)