Monday, March 08, 2010

11 month old with a personality!

Watching a baby grow up is a fascinating thing; not just as a parent, but also as an observer. A baby is born with nothing more than basic instincts - a survival instinct; an instinct to suck for food; and perhaps a faint instinct that tells him who his mother is.

And now at 11 months he already has a 'personality'. He has a mind; he has thoughts; he has preferences, he knows cause-n-effect, he has intellectual curisoity, he has a massive ego for such a tiny thing, he knows anger and fear (anger was perhaps a more easily acquired trait than fear), he has a vocabulary, and best of all, he understands love and reciprocates it.

Its like witnessing the whole breadth of human evolution in a short timespan; and it's nothing short of witnessing a miracle.

7 comments:

Lydia said...

Hi, ur blog is really nice & informative, while reading it I truly like it. I just wanna suggest that u should submit your blog in this website which is offering very unique features at cheap prices there are expert advertising team who will not only provide the adspace but also promote ur blog & affiliate ads through all over the networks which will definitely boost ur traffic & readers. Finally I have bookmarked ur blog & also shared to my friends. hope u have a wonderful day & !!happy blogging!!.

Parth said...

Indeedy. I also find it fascinating to watch them learn things; be it gripping objects or object permanence: things that you and I take for granted.

iamyuva said...

it is... it seems first 7yrs is the fastest grow and then the rate slows..till teens & early 20s.. then after its down hill..;)
but I also wonder when kids starts learn about sarcasm..

Jas B said...

:) Awww, he is going to be a year old soon! :)
God bless him.
I tell my nephew that I absolutely loved him when he was a baby, and that now he is a little devil I don't find him as adorable! Hehehehehe! I am the devil here, ain't I!

Manish Juneja said...

i liked the simplicity n clarity in ur description .. felt very nice :).
its like coloring a canvas with different shades of life. Canvas is what people will focus on down the line, but i wd love to give credit to the painter. You are the first one who would use the brush on it .. take care. you know better than anyone else ..(mother).:), just sending u good wishes

Moi said...

awww!!!! beautiful post, radha...

the other day I was with this 3 yr old (I am completely besotted by her) and she was lifting this big box (she helped me move into my new apartment recently :D) It wasn't a heavy box, just too big for her..... so I asked her, "Is it heavy, Gabby?" and she goes, "No, just awkward"

:) where do they learn all that they do from??? It's mind-boggling

suveerb said...

radha .. you write with such soul...