Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

Ok I admit it; we stopped celebrating Valentine's Day a long, long time ago. But I've always loved this piece of poetry ever since I first heard it in the movie "In her shoes". It just fits so well for the day today & for the way I feel about my love (God, it didn't sound that mushy in my head :-) )

I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart)
I am never without it (anywhere I go you go, my dear;
and whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling)

I fear no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet)
I want no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

Here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;
which grows higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you and H !:-)

Jas B said...

Happy V day Radha. :)

Beautiful words.

I also love the song "All that I am" sung by Rob Thomas (of Matchbox 20 fame). Check it out sometimes.

Radha said...

666, Jas,
Wish you a lovely & romantic Valentine's day too :)

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

haha....finally we get to see the lovey-dovey side of Radha......hope you two had a nice day........wish you two tons of happiness :)

Radha said...

Moi,
Wish you & Arka the same!